Summer Survival Tips for Six Flags Great Adventure
There’s still a bit of summer left, and that means you’ve got time for a few more adventures. You could head to the beach and spend time jumping the waves. You could go hiking on a sunny day. Or, perhaps, you could head to Six Flags Great Adventure and spend the day riding the coasters and watching some shows.
Six Flags Great Adventure is located in Jackson, New Jersey and has lots to do for kids of all ages. Of course, if you’re heading there soon, here are some great tips to make it a better experience for you and your children.
- During the summer months, the park is usually very busy on the weekends. If you can plan your visit for the middle of the week, you may find it less busy as the attendance tends to be a bit lighter.
- Before you get to the park, take the time to look at a map. This will allow you to plan your day and not spend needless time cross-crossing the park in order to get on all of your favorite rides.
- Lockers are available if you want to store coats, sweatshirts, or backpacks rather than carry them throughout the day.
- If you will be traveling with teens and splitting up, establish check-in times and meeting points.
- Make sure that young children know to ask park employees for assistance if they get separated from you. There is a Lost Parents Center in Bugs Bunny National Park.
- If you are in need of a wheelchair, stroller, electronically controlled vehicle, they are available for rent on Main Street. There are a limited number of these for rent and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- During the summer months, Six Flags Great Adventure does hold concerts and other special events. Be sure to check their website to see what may be happening during your visit.
- When it comes to eating, most places will be busy during peak lunch and dinner hours. If you can arrange your schedule to eat at off-times, you will find you might save considerable time. Additionally, there are several restaurants that are air-conditioned (Granny’s Kitchen, Best of the West, and Yum Yum Cafe).
- Try to hit the most popular rides first thing in the morning or later in the day to avoid long lines.
- Six Flags Great Adventure does offer the Flash Pass which is a virtual queuing system that saves your place in line. There is an additional fee for the Flash Pass.
- If you need a break during the day, consider taking in a show at the Wilderness Theater.
- Season passes are available and may be cost-effective if you’ll be making multiple trips to the park.
- Be sure to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- If it’s an extremely hot day, consider bringing cooling towels with you. (i.e., Frog Togs)
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside the park (unless someone in your party has a life-threatening allergy).
- The Safari Offroad Adventure is included in your ticket.
Six Flags Great Adventure is an excellent amusement park to visit with friends or family. Plan your day now, and use these tips to maximize your fun.