Adding Metal to Your Décor
When it comes to decorating your apartment, what’s your style? Do you like sleek and modern? Do you want your place to look warm and cozy? Or is your taste more eclectic and involves just buying things that you truly love?
No matter what your tastes are when it comes to interior design, you can always add some metal accents to your décor. It’s all about adding metal pieces that you love in tones that work with the furnishing you already have.
Take a look at some of the questions people often have when it comes to adding metal into their home and then some ideas that may work in your place.
Are there rules that must be followed when adding metal?
- If you’re a fan of interior design, you may find yourself flipping through magazines or reading blogs for inspiration, and you may find that designers have a tendency to state their philosophies as rules. But really when it comes to adding metal – there are no hard and fast rules. You can mix metals. You can mix materials. You can choose what works for you.
What are the different types of metals?
- If you talk to a designer, they will often talk about warm metals, cool metals, and neutral metals.
- These three different types of metals are grouped as follows:
- Warm Metals: Brass, Copper, and Gold
- Cool Metals: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and other Silver Metals
- Neutral Metals: Cast Iron and other Black Metals
How can I add metal to my home?
- There are lots of different ways you can add metal to your home. Whether you want a large statement piece or small trinkets that add some personality, it’s important that the metals you choose work with your style and palette.
If you’re ready to start shopping for metal décor, here are some things that might provide you with inspiration:
- Mirrors: Mirrors are a great way to add some style to your apartment. They come in many shapes and sizes and make a great accent piece.
- Lamps: Additional lighting is often needed in living rooms and bedrooms when the overhead light is not enough. With lamps, you can add a touch of metal and solve your lighting problems easily.
- Wall Art: Adding some metal to the wall of your home may include adding some interesting pieces of art. There are so many different styles and finishes available that can work with various design styles.
- Trinkets: You can also add smaller pieces of metal décor to your home with trinkets and knick knacks strategically placed.
If you’ve been wanting to spruce up your home and were looking for some new design ideas, maybe metal will inspire you. There are lots of ways to incorporate it and endless choices when it comes to finding pieces you love.