Top 10 Beaches in the World
If you love to travel, you probably have a long list of destinations that you dream of visiting. There are cities calling to you, famous monuments to see, and restaurants to dine at. Your list probably grows by the minute as you read up on new places.
If beaches are your thing, then the list gets even longer – and who doesn’t love some time spent at the beach? If you don’t think your travel wish list is quite long enough, here are a few beachy additions you might consider making to it.
- Whitehaven Beach: When heading to Australia, take a trip to Whitsunday Island and visit Whitehaven Beach. This stretch of beach is seven kilometers long, and you can get to it by boat, seaplane or helicopter. It’s located in the midst of the Great Barrier Reef and has amazing white silica sand.
- Seven Mile Beach: Seven Mile Beach has received several different awards naming it as the best beach in the Caribbean, and it is undoubtedly a highlight of Grand Cayman. Here you can go swimming and snorkeling, enjoy beachside restaurants and bars, and visit Stingray City. It has something for everyone.
- Ngapali Beach: Located in Myanmar, Ngapali Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia. While Ngapali is a famous beach resort town, the beach remains rather quiet and peaceful. There are not a ton of clubs, but instead, people meet on the beach to watch the sunset and enjoy a glass of wine. Doesn’t that sound relaxing?
- Playa Manuel Antonio: Costa Rica is often a dream destination with its lush tropical forests and gorgeous beaches, and Playa Manuel Antonio is one of the most beautiful ones there. It’s located on the Pacific coast, and while the town is small, there are plenty of accommodations if you choose to go here.
- Bavaro Beach: Bavaro Beach is located in the Dominican Republic and is famous for its calm water, which has a beautiful blue hue, and its soft, white sand. There are small shops and restaurants close by, making it a nice retreat if you’re looking for something on the quieter side.
- Camps Bay Beach: Do you dream of white sand and clear water? Then Camps Bay Beach, located in South Africa, may be calling to you. This beach is famous for its amazing sunsets and cold water – even in the summer. And be sure to stay within the flags if you do go swimming as the current is strong and riptides occur often.
- West Bay Beach: Located on the island of Roatan in Honduras, West Bay Beach has a year-round average temperature of about 80 degrees, and the water remains consistently between 78 degrees and 84 degrees. It’s renowned for its coral reef, which makes it an excellent location for diving and snorkeling.
- Anse Lazio: Anse Lazio is a unique looking beach. While it has the blue waters and white sands, it is surrounded by giant boulders that help to shelter it. It has become more popular in recent years, but many travelers to Seychelles still consider this a must-visit.
- Elafonsi Beach: Crete is a gorgeous island with many beautiful beaches, but one of the most spectacular is located on the southwestern side of the island – Elafonsi Beach. At times, the sands here can look pink in color, and there are gorgeous wildflowers and rock formations that make this a photographer’s dream location.
- Playa de la Concha: If you’re heading to the Basque country of Spain, don’t miss an opportunity to go to San Sebastián and visit the Playa de la Concha. This beach is protected from wind and high waves, making it great for just relaxing and soaking up the sun.
Whether you like to sit in the sun, or go snorkeling, or just watch the sunset, there are many beaches where you can make those things happen. What beaches are on your list of must-sees? Did you add any of these?