New Year’s Eve Party Foods and Drinks
How are you planning to celebrate New Year’s Eve? Will you be heading out to party it up? Or will you be having some friends and family over for a night at home?
If you’ll be having people over to ring in 2020, of course, you’ll want to plan some activities and things to do. But, perhaps, the most important part of the evening is the food and drink. You’ll want to serve some delicious recipes that your guests will love and a few beverages – both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Here are some recipes to help you start planning!
- Appetizers: Appetizers are always a hit at a party because they allow everyone to try little bites of everything. And while you may not think that appetizers will be enough to fill everyone one up, don’t underestimate them. When you serve a great selection of appetizers – people can definitely make a meal out of them.
- Mini BLT Bites : Who doesn’t love all of the flavors of a BLT? And these bite-sized ones are so cute – and so tasty – that you may want to double the recipe. Cherry tomatoes, bacon, arugula, and chipotle mayonnaise are the only four ingredients. (If you need to save some time – you can buy chipotle mayo at your grocery store instead of making your own.)
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms : If you’re looking for an appetizer that has some “substance” to it – look no further. These stuffed mushrooms are warm and hearty and will sure to be popular.
- Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip: One of the key things to throwing a party is using all of the kitchen appliances you have available to you – and that includes your slow cooker. A warm dip is perfect for your crockpot, and this spinach and artichoke one is fantastic. With cream cheese, feta, and parmesan – it definitely doesn’t lack for cheese!
- Shrimp Cocktail: Shrimp cocktail is a great appetizer for New Year’s Eve, but the key is serving a great dipping sauce. Since you’ll be celebrating the coming of 2020 – why not serve a couple of dipping sauces? Your guests will love all of the unexpected choices!
- Steak Bites Appetizer with Chimichurri Dipping Sauce: This is another hearty appetizer that is going to disappear as soon as you put it out – because it’s insanely good. Be sure to marinate your meat and then serve with the tasty Argentinian sauce.
A cheese and charcuterie board is always a welcome addition at any party, as well as some crudites and your favorite dip.
- Drinks: Of course, you’ll be popping some bubbly at midnight, but maybe you’d like to serve a couple of other fun drinks.
- Sparkling Pomegranate Margaritas: Margaritas are never a bad choice at a party – and these have a gorgeous red color and the fruity taste of pomegranate!
- Midnight Martini: This is a simple drink to make – with only three ingredients – but your guests will love it!
- Silver Sangria: This is a great one if you’re having a large group over as you can easily double the recipe!
- You should also have a few non-alcoholic drinks for kids, non-drinkers, and designated drivers.
- Lemon-Basil Mojito Mocktails: Full of flavor, but no alcohol, this is a great drink for those who love the flavor of a cocktail without the buzz.
- Easy Party Punch: This fruity non-alcoholic punch is excellent for adults and kids alike. Grab grandma’s punch bowl so you can make a big batch!
Get ready to ring in 2020 with these delicious recipes! Your guests will love them all!