Must-Listen to Travel Podcasts
Do you love listening to podcasts? They are the perfect way to pass the time while you’re commuting, working out, or just relaxing at home. And if you’re a fan of travel, then you’re going to love this list because there are a ton of amazing travel podcasts out there that will inspire your wanderlust! So sit back, relax, and get ready to start planning your next adventure!
- Zero to Travel: Do you want to learn how to travel the world for as long as you desire, on your terms while spending less money? Whether you‘re a travel newbie dying to figure out how to explore the world, an occasional traveler longing to make your holiday everyday, or an experienced globetrotter seeking unique ways to keep traveling full time, you‘re in the right place. Travel expert Jason Moore from ZeroToTravel.com chats with adventurous people living life on the road so you can discover new ways to travel endlessly. Jason and his guests share insanely actionable advice and key resources, getting down and dirty on topics like; starting and running an online business from anywhere, travel and work opportunities, gutsy budget travel strategies, surprising ways to earn free travel, the digital nomad life, unconventional travel based lifestyles, fun travel jobs, how to plan epic adventures, backpacking, 4 hour work week inspired topics, and everything in between. Jason has wandered the planet for 15+ years working as a tour manager in events/music, an adventure travel tour guide, a trash sweeper, and now as a location independent entrepreneur running businesses on the fly. He is obsessed with doing whatever he can to help you explore our crazy planet, no matter what your current situation or experience. Let‘s do this!
- Amateur Traveler Travel Podcast: Since 2005 Amateur Traveler has been talking about a different destination every week. It covers destinations all over the world with an emphasis on culturally rich travel. Learn more about your world.
- Extra Pack of Peanuts Travel Podcast: The Extra Pack of Peanuts Travel Podcast is hosted by Travis Sherry, a serial entrepreneur and world traveler. Known as “Rick Steves for the new generation”, this podcast will teach you everything you need to know to travel more and spend less.
- From interviews with some of the world’s most famous travel names, like Chris Guillebeau, Bruce Poon Tip, AJ Jacobs, Chris Christensen and others to specific travel advice on how to use frequent flyer miles, score cheap hotels, pack like a pro, and travel on a budget, this show does it all.
- We’ll also highlight specific destinations, telling you what it’s really like to travel to India, the best places to eat and sleep in Paris, and top everything off with our Top 10 lists, which will make you laugh, reminisce, and ultimately, be filled with wanderlust.
- Travel with Rick Steves: A weekly one-hour conversation with guest experts and callers about travel, cultures, people, and the things we find around the world that give life its extra sparkle. Rick Steves is America’s leading authority on travel to Europe and beyond. Host and writer of over a hundred public television travel shows and author of 30 best-selling guidebooks, Rick now brings his passion for exploring and understanding our world to public radio.
- The Thoughtful Travel Podcast: The Thoughtful Travel Podcast with Amanda Kendle is a show for travel lovers. Each episode is packed with travel stories from fellow travel addicts on topics like using foreign languages, meeting the locals, getting lost and what we learn from our travels.
- The Big Travel Podcast: The Big Travel Podcast: Exploring Life-Stories Through Travel. Taking you on a journey of discovery, with a wonderfully diverse selection of characters, The Big Travel Podcast explores life-stories in travel; from childhoods with little money but a spirit for exploration to fabulous tales of exotic climes and incredible adventures. Celebrities, authors, sports people, politicians, famous faces from TV, radio, music, stage and screen, SAS soldiers, adventurers and ordinary people taking extraordinary journeys tell their story of life through travel, and through this, The Big Travel Podcast finds out what it is about travel that inspires us, that makes us laugh, love, cry and sometimes cringe yet above all keep traveling. The Big Travel Podcast is hosted by Lisa Francesca Nand, travel journalist, presenter, writer and filmmaker.
These are just a few of the fantastic podcasts dedicated to travel that are available! Check them out, then grab that suitcase and start planning your next big trip!
***All podcast descriptions courtesy of Apple Podcasts