Fun Things To Do With Dad This Father’s Day
Father’s Day is fast approaching, and if you’re scrambling for the perfect way to show Dad how much you love and appreciate him, don’t worry! We’ve got plenty of ideas for fun activities and weekend outings that will make this the most thoughtful and exciting Father’s Day ever. Whether your dad enjoys the outdoors, good food and drink, or appreciating history, there’s something for just about every kind of dad on this list!
- Paintball- Paintball is something that the whole family, including Dad, can enjoy. It’s a great icebreaker activity and lets Dad have some fun while being a kid again. It’s a chance to do something special and get out of the house for something other than going out to eat or playing golf (yawn!). Try something new and invite the whole family, or even his buddies, to be involved. It’s the perfect rain or shine activity that can be planned no matter the weather!
- Camping/fishing- If your dad likes to spend Father’s Day in his element, enjoying nature, then a well-planned camping or fishing trip just might be the perfect way to schedule in some quality bonding time. Fishing can be a relaxing afternoon pastime, or a weekend-long trip, complete with camping.
- Beer/wine tasting- What dad doesn’t enjoy a cold one on a warm summer day? Make his day by surprising him with a trip to a local brewery or winery for a beer or wine tasting. Chances are, you’ll learn a lot, and the atmosphere is perfect for spending time with family and other friends. Make it a group trip and get your drink on! Need ideas on where to go? Check out some local hotspots that offer tours, tastings, and drinks-to-go.
- Sporting event- If your dad is a sports fanatic like most, get tickets for his favorite team’s upcoming game! Make sure he doesn’t stress out on game day by providing transportation, planning the perfect tailgating snacks, and buying him a drink at the game. He’ll appreciate a day away from work or home, being able to relax and enjoy the game!
- Museums- Is your dad a fan of history or art? Take him to a museum where he can completely nerd-out and go crazy over a favorite artist or take interest in some wartime artifacts. Most museums have special discounts for holidays, senior citizens, or weekend prices, so it doesn’t have to be expensive either! A historic site is also a great location to visit if Dad is a veteran.
- Cooking- Still not sure of the best way to show Dad you care on Father’s Day? Try having him over for lunch or dinner and cooking him his favorite meal! Cook-outs, barbeques, and grill time is the perfect way to bring family together. Nothing is better than a home-cooked meal made by those you love, so he’s sure to appreciate all of your hard work. Top it off with a fancy place setting and make him feel like royalty in his own home!
- Bike ride- If the weather’s nice, get outside and take a bike tour around the city or through a local rural bike path. It can be a fun way to get some exercise in and enjoy the scenery as well. You can also plan a scavenger hunt or stop for a bite to eat somewhere along the way to make things a little more interesting!
- BONUS: While spending time together is the ultimate way to have fun with Dad this Father’s Day, if you do decide to get him a small gift, make sure to include a card. Write a favorite memory or two that the two of you share to make him smile even more!
What are your favorite ways to spend Father’s Day with Dad? Let us know in the comments below!