Festivals in Philly This April
Springtime is just brimming with fun outdoor activities, and there is no shortage of excitement in Philly. If you live in the Greater Philadelphia area and you’ve been looking for an excuse to venture out on a weekend or day trip, then you’ll love these 10 spring festivals that have everybody talking. There’s something here for everyone, so get ready to mark your calendars!
- XPN Music Film Festival: March 31- April 2- We’ve got some good news for all the film lovers out there. The XPN Music Film Festival is a three-day event that showcases some of the most popular music films of the last 40 years, including classics, documentaries, and more! There’s also some other fun special events planned, like a “Land of the Lost” Dance Party, and a 70s hangout with Dan Reed! There will also be a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band with a night-long tribute performed by Beatles tribute band, Britishmania. Other events include a vinyl marketplace, which is free. The jam-packed schedule for featured performances is available here, and tickets are on sale now. Pick from two different packages or purchase individual tickets for a custom experience of the greatest music around!
- Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia: April 1-9- Celebrate the Japanese culture with a special cherry blossom festival in Fairmount Park! Learn about and experience the fascinating Japanese culture in an exciting, interactive week of fun. The week-long celebration includes origami and sushi making classes, martial arts performances, live music and dance, a fashion show, traditional tea ceremony demonstrations, and even a pet parade! Most events are free, kid-friendly, and just plain fun for everyone. It doesn’t stop there—the festival includes plenty of tasty Japanese cuisine, so come with an appetite!
- Philly Farm and Food Fest: April 8- Philly Farm and Food Fest is an annual event that brings people together through one common denominator—food. The festival features local food and drink from all over the city to showcase some of the best farmers, artisans, and food and farming organizations in the region. It’s a great way to support local and sustainable agriculture, and is also a cool opportunity to meet others. Plus, you know, food. The festival, held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, features over 100 vendors, plus speakers, classes, and a pop-up market. Not to mention, there’s a Kid’s Corral for the youngsters! Interactive, hands-on activities keep kids curious and busy—plus, Ralph the alpaca usually makes an appearance as well.
- Manayunk StrEAT Food Festival: April 9- If your mouth is already watering, you may want to brace yourself for this next one: the Manayunk StrEAT Food Festival is another must-go for the foodie in all of us. There are over 175 featured exhibitors, a huge carnival, live music, and plenty of shopping opportunities. Crowd favorites here include BBQ, desserts, farm stands with fresh fruits and vegetables, and 50 of Philadelphia’s best food trucks and gourmet food vendors. Walk down Main Street and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city while celebrating the arrival of spring!
- Philadelphia Science Festival: April 21-29- Celebrate the exciting world of science, technology, and engineering with this interactive experience for kids and adults! This 9 day city-wide festival has a ton of hands-on events, live demonstrations, debates, and more. The festival is organized by the Franklin Institute and is partnered with almost 200 volunteers to make the event a success! Events include Astronomy Night, a carnival, and adult and family programs for people of all ages. Check out their site to learn more about this awesome event and all that is has to offer.
We hoped you found something here that interests you about celebrating spring in Philly! No matter where you are in the Greater Philadelphia area, there truly is something for everyone. Festivals are a fun way to go out, learn something new, and have fun. Stay tuned for next month as we dive into all the exciting upcoming spring festivals in May!