Best Breweries in Philadelphia
The craft brewery business continues to flourish across the United States. New breweries are popping up, and brewmasters are trying their hand at all sorts of delicious and creative flavors. Beer lovers are loving the surge in popularity and are spending lots of time exploring these establishments.
And with Philadelphia so close, there is no shortage of great breweries in the area. Of course, with the abundance of breweries, you may be wondering where to begin. Here are a few that have risen to popularity in the area.
- Dock Street Brewery: Dock Street Brewery is Philadelphia’s first microbrewery and opened in 1985. It’s now a popular spot to hang out with family and friends, enjoy a freshly poured beer or some wood-fired pizza. You always want to be checking their events page to see what’s happening, and you can even book a private party there.
- Crime & Punishment Brewing Company: Crime & Punishment consistently ranks in the top breweries in Philadelphia because of their delicious beers, fantastic food, and friendly staff. Check out their current list of what’s on tap and think about heading there for Saturday or Sunday brunch. Give the Salmon Benedict a try!
- Yards Brewing Co.: When two college friends started brewing beer in the late ‘80s, they probably had no idea that it would grow into what Yards Brewing Co. is today. Now you can take a tour of their brewery, enjoy over 20 different brews on tap, or order some food like the Pork Belly Bao Buns or Brawler Burger. And, if you’re thinking of bringing a big group (from 12-48 people) to the Yards, check to see if the “Community Table” is available.
- Philadelphia Brewing Company: Delicious beers and tons of fun events are what the Philadelphia Brewing Company is known for and why it’s so popular. They have five beers (Kenzinger, Walt Wit, Pennsylvania Pale Ale, Newbold IPA, and Joe Coffee Porter) that are on tap year-round, but be sure to try their seasonal and select beers which will keep you coming back.
- Fermentery Form: Are you looking for a small brewery with beers that are full of flavor? Then you need to head to Fermentery Form. Because of its small size, it keeps irregular hours, so be sure to check their Facebook page to see when they’ll be open.
- Evil Genius Beer Company: Don’t you just love the name? And to go along with their fun name, they have many great beers with equally creative names that you can try when you visit the “lab.” And save a little room for some food so you can try their tacos, grilled cheeses, or “adult Lunchables.”
- Urban Village Brewing Co.: Brewing some delicious beers on-site and serving some amazing brick-oven fired pizzas, this is a great place to come and relax. They also are available for parties and even have a kids menu if you want to bring the whole family.
- Attic Brewing Company: With 14 beers and ciders on tap, the taproom at Attic Brewing offers a great selection of their own brews along with a few guest choices. You can easily see what’s on tap each day and make sure they have something you’ll enjoy – which you can rest assured they will.
Small breweries are thriving across the United States, and Philadelphia is proof of this. With so many great breweries in Philadelphia, did your favorite make this list? If it didn’t, be sure to share where you like to go – so others can sample a pint and discover a new place.