Camping in New Jersey
“Life is better when you’re camping.” – Unknown
Some say there are two types of people in this world: those who love to camp and those who don’t. If you love to go camping, whether it be in a tent, RV, or even a rustic cabin – then you probably agree wholeheartedly with this quote.
New Jersey has so much to offer when it comes to camping. In fact, you could head someplace new every weekend should you want to! Need a new place to put up your tent or park your RV? Then check out these places!
- High Point State Park: With 50 campsites, two group campsites, cabins, and a group cabin, you have lots of options at High Point State Park. And with Lake Marcia there, you can go swimming, boating, and fishing when the weather gets warm. Just remember that you need to make reservations, and even if you don’t want to go camping, this is a great place for picnicking and hiking.
- Parvin State Park: Parvin State Park is located in southwestern New Jersey and has both cabins and campsites for campers. You can also go swimming, boating, and fishing here or just enjoy some time in the sun. And, remember, this park is a “carry-in/carry-out” park – so make sure you bring your trash home with you.
- Tip Tam Camping Resort: If you are looking for a campground that has something for the entire family, then maybe you should head to Tip Tam Camping Resort. You can set up a tent, bring your RV or rent a cabin (or even rent an RV) and stay at Tip Tam. (Even a reluctant camper would like to stay in one of their cabins which are equipped with a television, wifi, and air conditioning.) And with amenities like mini-golf, two pools, basketball, bocci ball, and much more – you definitely won’t be bored.
- Seashore Campsites and RV Resort: Located in Cape May, New Jersey, Seashore Campsites and RV Resort offers all of your favorite camping options, plus an amazing location. You can take advantage of all of their great amenities and then visit all of the attractions in Cape May, like the lighthouse and the beach.
- Pleasant Acres Farm: Want to go camping someplace unique where you can milk a cow or go on a hayride? Then Pleasant Acres Farm is for you! This campground is for RVs, but they also have cabins you can rent, too. And be sure to check out the local area attractions, too. There is a lot to do, like golfing, a waterpark, and various museums.
- Delaware River Family Campground: If the kids like to camp, then they’ll love this family-friendly campground. You’ll find a swimming pool and a separate kiddy pool; basketball and volleyball courts; miniature golf; game room; and a playground. And on the weekends you’ll find special activities and events planned, so you can get to know your fellow campers.
- Turkey Swamp Park: Turkey Swamp Park is part of the Monmouth County Park System and has 64 wooded campsites so you can enjoy a bit of nature. Kayaks, rowboats, canoes, and paddleboats are available for rental here, and there are numerous trails you can explore.
- Ocean View Resort Campground: Want to be close to the Jersey Shore? Then head to Ocean View Resort Campground. They have fantastic amenities and convenient access to all of the Jersey Shore attractions. Definitely a win-win for those who love to camp and be close to the beach.
These are just a few of the great places to go camping in New Jersey. Is your favorite on the list? If not, where do you like to go? Do you like to head to the woods, or do you prefer something with a few more “creature comforts”? No matter what your choice, New Jersey is sure to have it!