Visit These Haunted Cities
Are you looking for a thrill this Halloween? If so, then you should visit one (or more) of the best haunted cities in America! These cities are home to some of the most haunted places in the country, and they are sure to give you a scare. From abandoned psychiatric hospitals to centuries-old cemeteries, these cities have it all. So if you’re looking for a spooky adventure, be sure to visit one of these haunted cities!
- Portland, Oregon: Portland is home to one of the most haunted places in America, the Shanghai Tunnels. These tunnels were once used to smuggle immigrants and slaves, and they are said to be haunted by the spirits of those who died there.
- Charleston, South Carolina: Dungeons are definitely spooky and Charleston is home to the Charleston Dungeon – one of many haunted places in this southern city. This dungeon was once used to torture and imprison slaves, and it is said to be haunted by their spirits. Charleston also has many ghost tours you can take that will point out all sorts of great locations where ghosts are said to reside.
- Salem, Massachusetts: Salem is perhaps the most well-known haunted city in America. This city is home to the Salem Witch Trials and is known for all of their Halloween festivities. It’s definitely a destination not to be missed by those who love Halloween and all it has to offer.
- San Francisco, California: San Francisco has its share of haunted places as well. The San Francisco Mint is said to be haunted by the spirit of a worker who was killed there, but don’t miss out on a boat ride to Alcatraz Island. Alcatraz Island is home to the famous prison and is said to be home to the ghosts of many inmates who died there.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: New Orleans is another city with a long history of hauntings. The city is home to many famous haunted locations, such as the LaLaurie Mansion and St. Louis Cemetery. This city is also known for its voodoo culture, and you can find many shops dedicated to the haunted history of this city,
- Chicago, Illinois: The Windy City is another city with a rich history of ghosts and spirits. The city is home to some of the most famous haunted locations in America, such as Bachelor’s Grove Cemetery and the Congress Plaza Hotel.
- Savannah, Georgia: Savannah is renowned for its southern hospitality and its ghost activity. This city is home to many ghosts and spirits, including the famous haunt, the Lady in Gray.
- Nashville, Tennessee: Sure, Nashville is the home of country music, but it’s also another city with a long history of hauntings. The city is home to many famous haunted locations, such as the Hermitage Hotel and Belmont Mansion. If you’re looking for a truly haunting experience, Nashville is the place to be!
- Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: Gettysburg is the site of one of the most famous battles in American history, and it is said that the spirits of those who died there still haunt the battlefield. You’ll definitely want to go to this historic location and see if any spirits are around.
- New York City, New York: See a show and then maybe you can see if any spirits are around! The city is home to many famous ghosts and spirits, including the Headless Horseman and the Ghost of Mark Twain.
So if you’re looking for a spooky adventure this Halloween, be sure to visit one of these haunted cities! You’re sure to have a truly haunting experience – or at the very least, you’ll enjoy these cities during this Halloween season.