The Best Cleaning Blogs to Follow
Do you follow certain blogs and bloggers? Maybe blogs about travel? Or blogs that cover DIY projects? Or interior design bloggers? But what about following a blogger who loves to talk about ways to keep your home clean? Yes, they do exist!
While you may not love cleaning, you will love checking out some of these blogs. They offer great tips that can actually save you time when it’s time to tidy up your place.
- Clean Mama: Clean Mama has three simple rules that she lives by:
- Always guest-ready
- Grace for the dailies
- End the overwhelm
- She wholeheartedly believes that with just a few dedicated minutes each day, you can keep your home looking great. She lays out her cleaning philosophy clearly and has some great free printables to help you stay on task. She also shares some of her favorite cleaning products, and her blog shares all sorts of great ideas.
- A Slob Comes Clean: Don’t you just love the title of this blog? It instantly puts you at ease – even if you’re not a great housekeeper. Dana is the voice behind A Slob Comes Clean, and she says that her blog is designed for “reality-based cleaning and organizing.” She shares her methods, checklists, and strategies, so you’re not overwhelmed by the cleaning process. Be sure to check out her blog, where she shares stories from readers and the projects they have undertaken in their own homes.
- A Bowl Full of Lemons: Toni is the creator of this blog, and she subscribes to the principle of “homekeeping made simple.” And who couldn’t use some of that in their lives? She uses a “cleaning cards” system that helps keep her organized. (The details are on her website.) She also has Facebook groups and various social media sites where she shares ideas and tips and tricks. Be sure to spend time reading her blog as she has some excellent weekly challenges to keep your home clean and organized.
- Clean & Scentsible: Clean & Scentsible has evolved into more than a blog about cleaning and organizing, but those two things are definitely Jenn’s (the woman behind this blog) loves. If you go to her blog to get hints on keeping your home tidy, then head to “Get Organized.” She has plenty of ideas on cleaning, organizing, and decluttering. And, if you have time, read some of the other areas of her website. She has craft ideas, recipes, and fun projects for children.
- The Idea Room: This blog has been around for over ten years and has a plethora of ideas that will keep your home sparkling clean. Amy’s tips are quick and straightforward but extremely effective, such as the advice she offers in “10 Tips for a Cleaner Home.” And, if you’re a fan of essential oils, be sure to check out all of the fantastic “recipes” she has for creating things with them. The Lemon Sugar Scrub is awesome!
- The Organised Housewife: Katrina is from Australia (hence the spelling of “organised” in her blog), and she posts daily to her blog – about all things related to the home. You can sign up to receive a daily email with tasks to complete for the day or scroll through her blog to find some great tips. She’s got some great tips that are easy to implement.
Cleaning may not be fun, but when you start reading these blogs, you might just find some tips and tricks that make it easier. And making cleaning simpler is probably the best you can hope for when it comes to this chore!