Recipes for Meatless Mondays
Are you vegetarian or vegan, or do you want to try to incorporate a meatless meal into your weekly dinner plan? Then it may be time for you to implement Meatless Mondays!
Meatless Mondays began as a global movement in 2003 as a way for people to reduce meat in their diet to improve their health and the health of the planet. But there are lots of reasons nowadays why people have jumped on the Meatless Monday bandwagon.
No matter why you want to try Meatless Monday, everyone can agree that they want a meal that tastes delicious! So, if you’re looking for some meatless recipes – give these a try!
- Quinoa Black Bean Tacos with Creamy Avocado Sauce: The quinoa and black bean filling for these tacos is full of plant-based protein and lots of fiber – and let’s not forget plenty of great flavors. And make the avocado sauce! It’s the perfect addition to these tacos and ideal on top of all of your favorite taco toppings.
- Easy Vegetable Stir Fry: This Easy Vegetable Stir Fry is fantastic! You can add all of your favorite vegetables to it and serve it over white or brown rice – or even some pasta. Plus, the leftovers are great for lunch the next day – so make a big batch!
- Easy Shakshuka with Feta: Do you know what shakshuka is? Popular in Northern Africa and the Middle East, shakshuka is eggs poached in a tomato sauce. This recipe has coriander, cumin, smoked paprika, and fennel seeds in it – which make for a great flavor combination. Additionally, there are white beans, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Eggs never tasted so good!
- Veggie Pizza: Who doesn’t like pizza? This one uses crescent rolls as your crust and has so many different veggies on it that it practically looks like a rainbow. You can probably even get the kids to eat their vegetables with this dinner!
- Sweet Potato Curry: Do you love the flavors of a great curry? Want a vegan version? Then this Sweet Potato Curry is the answer. And if you think you can’t make a delicious curry on a busy weeknight – you’re wrong! This one can be ready in about 30 minutes.
- Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl: Poke bowls are all the rage right now! Filled with fresh ingredients and usually tuna or salmon, they’ve become a healthy meal that people just love. But if you want a vegan version – you can have it! This one subs in marinated tofu – and it’s fantastic!
- Vegetable Calzones: Looking for a dinner that can be taken on the go? Calzones are the answer! This recipe suggests using broccoli and spinach, but you can really add any vegetables you like.
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potatoes and Black Bean Hash: Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner? Then you’ve got to make this Sheet Pan Sweet Potatoes and Black Bean Hash. It’s a fantastic meal that’s got a plethora of vegetables, great seasonings, and perfectly cooked eggs. Make sure you make some toast for soaking up the egg yolks!
- Loaded Vegetarian Quiche: Quiche is excellent any time of day – and this one can certainly make for a delicious dinner. Serve with your favorite soup or salad, and everyone will be happy.
- Vegetarian Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna: Have a hankering for a hearty meal? Then make this Vegetarian Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna. It has a tasty homemade sauce and all of the Italian flavors you love from a traditional lasagna.
If you’re ready to give Meatless Mondays a try, then be sure to add a couple of these recipes to your list. You’ll love how they taste!