Love a Good Thriller? Then Read These Books!
Do you love a good thriller? If so, then you’re going to want to check out these books! Each of them will keep you on the edge of your seat, guessing what’s going to happen next. So read on and see for yourself why these thrillers are some of the best ones around.
- The Locked Door by Freida McFadden
- While eleven-year-old Nora Davis was up in her bedroom doing homework, she had no idea her father was killing women in the basement.
- Until the day the police arrived at their front door.
- Decades later, Nora’s father is spending his life behind bars, and Nora is a successful surgeon with a quiet, solitary existence. Nobody knows her father was a notorious serial killer. And she intends to keep it that way.
- Then Nora discovers one of her young female patients has been murdered. In the same unique and horrific manner that her father used to kill his victims.
- Somebody knows who Nora is. Somebody wants her to take the fall for this unthinkable crime. But she’s not a killer like her father. The police can’t pin anything on her.
- Blacktop Wasteland: A Novel by S.A. Cosby
- A husband, a father, a son, a business owner…And the best getaway driver east of the Mississippi.
- Beauregard “Bug” Montage is an honest mechanic, a loving husband, and a hard-working dad. Bug knows there’s no future in the man he used to be: known from the hills of North Carolina to the beaches of Florida as the best wheelman on the East Coast.
- He thought he’d left all that behind him, but as his carefully built new life begins to crumble, he finds himself drawn inexorably back into a world of blood and bullets. When a smooth-talking former associate comes calling with a can’t-miss jewelry store heist, Bug feels he has no choice but to get back in the driver’s seat. And Bug is at his best where the scent of gasoline mixes with the smell of fear.
- Haunted by the ghost of who he used to be and the father who disappeared when he needed him most, Bug must find a way to navigate this blacktop wasteland…or die trying.
- Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke
- When it comes to law and order, East Texas plays by its own rules — a fact that Darren Mathews, a black Texas Ranger, knows all too well. Deeply ambivalent about growing up black in the lone star state, he was the first in his family to get as far away from Texas as he could. Until duty called him home.
- When his allegiance to his roots puts his job in jeopardy, he travels up Highway 59 to the small town of Lark, where two murders — a black lawyer from Chicago and a local white woman — have stirred up a hornet’s nest of resentment. Darren must solve the crimes — and save himself in the process — before Lark’s long-simmering racial fault lines erupt. From a writer and producer of the Emmy winning Fox TV show Empire, Bluebird, Bluebird is a rural noir suffused with the unique music, color, and nuance of East Texas.
- Snap by Belinda Bauer
- Just before Jack’s mother disappeared up the road to get help, she put the eleven-year-old boy in charge of his two sisters. As they wait for her on the shoulder of the road in their stifling, broken-down car, the three children bicker, whine and play I-Spy. But their mother never comes back. And after that long, hot summer’s day, nothing will ever be the same again.
- At fifteen-years-old, Jack is still in charge—supporting his sisters any way he can while evading social services. Meanwhile, a young woman across town wakes to find a knife beside her bed, and a note reading I could have killed you. The police are tracking a mysterious burglar they call Goldilocks, for his habit of sleeping in the beds of the houses he robs. But the woman doesn’t see the point of involving the police. And Jack, very suddenly, may be on the verge of finding out who killed his mother.
Thrillers are some of the most popular books around. And it’s no wonder – as the stories often draw you into their drama and suspense and keep you turning the pages for more! If you’re looking for a new thriller to read, then check out one of these four! They’re sure to keep you engaged until the very last page!
***All book summaries courtesy of Amazon