Best New Shows on Netflix / Netflix Originals
Are you ready to Netflix and chill the weekend away? Then we have the list for you. No matter what you are into, there’s something for everyone to stream. Pick a drama, get sucked into a love story, or lighten the mood with some comedy. Whatever you’re in the mood for, Netflix has it. Here are the best shows on Netflix in 2018!
- Alias Grace: Alias Grace is a passionate drama that takes you through the story of a psychiatrist who is trying to determine if a woman should be pardoned for murder due to insanity.
- Peaky Blinders: Take a look at the fictional Irish gangs that formed after World War I. It’s a captivating drama of murder, thievery, love, and passion. You’ll love to hate the characters!
- Mindhunter: You follow a young, bright FBI agent who is fixated on serial killers. He interviews different murders to try and figure out the psychological difference between murders, serial killers, and other people.
- The Fall: The Fall is a dark thriller that follows a policewoman in Belfast who is hot on the trail of a serial rapist/murderer. Is she too close to the case to see it clearly?
- Easy: This romantic comedy follows the life of different Chicagoans who are trying to navigate the waters of love and romance in today’s world.
- The Crown: This is a political drama that tells the story of the life of Queen Elizabeth II. The queen who has shaped most of the 20th century for England and much of the world.
- The End of the F***ing World: A strange duo meet up and form an unlikely couple. A teen boy who is a psychopath and a wild girl cross paths and can’t seem to stay out of trouble.
- American Vandal: American Vandal is a satirical true crime comedy. A teen is suspected of vandalizing property, but comes up with a master plan. He forms an alley with a filmmaker to prove his innocence.
- Master of None: Comedian Aziz Ansari takes us all on the strange journey of the dating world. It pokes fun at how strange different stigmas are, and talks about the serious issues that can arise in any relationship.
- BoJack Horseman: The beloved sitcom star of the 90s, is now 20 years older and a little more salty. You’ll get a kick out of the hilarious stunts that happen. He and his strange band of friends make for a good time.
- Love: A hothead recovering addict falls in love with a goofy guy who is trying to break into the film industry. He is shy about what he wants, and she can be wild and unpredictable. It’s a cute romantic comedy to lighten the mood.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy was rescued with three other women from a crazed pastor who kidnapped them and put them in an underground bunker for years. Now, this “mole-woman” has emerged and is trying to navigate life in New York with little to no understanding of social graces or education.
- Dark: Children go missing in a quiet town after playing in the woods. The other kids go on a hunt to try to solve the mystery. They unearth a secret that solves three decade-old mysteries. You’re going to have to watch this one with subtitles because it is in German.
Get all of the snacks and stockpile them around the sofa, because you’re not going to want to leave. After you finish one show, you can move right down the list to the next great series. Put your mind on the ultimate relaxation mode, and binge on Netflix to your heart’s content!