10 Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas
What are mornings like at your place? Are things a little hectic? Are you trying to get kids ready for school? Trying to get yourself ready for work? And then looking ahead to activities and things you’ll need to do later in the day?
Mornings can be a blur.
Of course, you want to start your morning off with some breakfast – even on the craziest of days. Yet, it can seem like there’s absolutely no time to make it happen.
That’s when you need the help of some make-ahead breakfasts. They can save you time and energy on a busy morning – and help you get out the door on time without skipping what some consider to be the most important meal of the day.
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls: These breakfast bowls from Iowa Girl Eats are definitely hearty and will make sure you are full until lunch. You can prepare them on the weekend to get you through the week or make a bunch and put them in the freezer to pull out when needed.
- Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole: You can change up this casserole so that it has all of the ingredients that you and your family love and cook it off in the evening to have ready the next morning. It makes 12 servings, and while it’s called a “breakfast” casserole – it could easily be served for lunch or dinner.
- Make-Ahead Egg Muffins: No need to head through the drive-thru to get an egg muffin – you can make them at home. These are made in muffin tins and can be stored in your refrigerator or freezer for use throughout the week. And you can sandwich them between an English muffin to make a sandwich you can take with you!
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos: Some days you just need something you can grab as you head out the door, and these breakfast burritos are the answer! They have lots of vegetables and lots of protein – and they’re freezer-friendly!
- Perfect Breakfast Quiche: Yes, we’re talking about breakfast, but quiche is really fantastic for any meal. You can make this one and then warm up individual slices during the week. (And yes, it can be easily adjusted to include ingredients you like!)
- Fluffy Make-Ahead and Freeze Pancakes: You probably don’t have time to make fresh pancakes during the week, but you can make this recipe on the weekend and grab them when you want. They’re super fluffy, and if you have kids that can operate a microwave, they can warm them up on their own while you get ready.
- Easy Overnight Oats: Want a healthy breakfast with lots of variations so that you’re not eating the same thing all of the time? Then Easy Overnight Oats fit the bill, and you’ll feel good about eating this breakfast or serving it to your children.
- Easy No-Bake Granola Bars: Granola bars are another great grab-n-go breakfast, but why not make them homemade? With this recipe, you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
- Blueberry Muffins: Who doesn’t love a blueberry muffin? This recipe is from Broma Bakery, and they’re amazing! Loads of blueberries will have you reaching for a second one!
- Make-Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits: Yogurt parfaits are easy and completely customizable – which means you can make the whole family happy when you put these in the refrigerator.
Nobody has to skip breakfast when you prepare these make-ahead recipes. You can make them on the weekend (or even on a weeknight) and have something delicious and filling to eat throughout the week – without the stress of having to cook!