10 Best Careers for People Who Love to Travel
If you’re the type of person who wants to see the world, but you don’t have the time or money to travel, then maybe a career change is in order! There are plenty of careers that allow you to travel while working. Maybe it’s time to ditch the 9 to 5 and finally take that trip to South Africa that you’ve been aching to go on for years. Let’s have a look at some of the best careers for people who love to travel!
- Travel agent or tour guide– If you enjoy learning about new and exciting places, then perhaps a career as a travel agent or tour guide is right for you. Both of these careers usually provide awesome perks like travel discounts for you and your family!
- Flight attendants– When people think of travelling careers, often the first thing that comes to mind are flight attendants. This is the perfect career for someone who has a desire to help or work with people, or who already works in the hospitality business. It’s a fast-paced, rewarding career filled with excitement, crazy hours, and an even crazier lifestyle.
- Cruise ship– Yachting or cruising is perfect for those who long for the ocean. Spending your days on a tropical paradise, cruising from one remote location to the next? Sign me up! Not to mention, you get free food and accommodations as you work.
- Surf instructor– Seasonal jobs like a surf instructor are a great option for someone who wants a change of pace in a slower, more laid back lifestyle or part of the country. East-coasters who need to escape the cold, we’ve got you covered. Head out west and enjoy life in the sand during those chilled winter months!
- Ski instructor– If you live in a warmer climate, and don’t much have time to travel to the mountains to ski or snowboard, then look no farther. Consider becoming a seasonal ski instructor! Travel where the weather’s colder, and try your hand at teaching children’s or group ski or snowboard lessons.
- Photographer– If you’ve got the skills and equipment, or would like to start, then maybe travel photography is the right career for you. Making a living from photography is challenging, but if done right, it’s possible (and a lot of fun). Being a travel photographer will require learning how best to sell your photos or video and how to perfect your craft to turn it into a profitable business.
- Freelance– It’s possible to freelance just about any skill you can think of. Good at writing? Graphic design? Photography? You can do all of the above and more from any location in the world. No 9 to 5, and no office environment. Enjoy a flexible schedule and more daytime hours spent travelling!
- English teacher– Believe it or not, teaching English is a job that’s very in demand in other countries. If you like children, you could consider teaching English at a school in a foreign or underdeveloped country. You’ll get to inspire others and see the world at the same time—what could be better than that?
- Hotels– Working for an international hotel may not be the most exciting job on this list, but it’s a great opportunity to travel overseas and get to know a new culture.
If you’re the type of person who has the itch to travel, then any of these careers would be a rewarding option for you. Whether you decide to ski in the Alps, fly around the world, teach overseas, or photograph your travels, there are plenty of ways to make money while seeing the world. Which is your favorite travel career?